2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2003 Neon Won't Start-Anti Theft?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 04:22 PM
GARYSOLDCARS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Neon Won't Start-Anti Theft?

Went to start my 2003 Dodge Neon (Basic no frills model w/auto trans)and nothing happens. No fuel pump, no turning over nothing, Dash lights come on and yellow light on right is solid.

Checked battery, fuel pump,starter everything is good.

My key is the fat grey key with chip and there is an immobizer which I removed and replaced it looks in good condition with no cracks or breakage.

Called the dealer to see if they could check the key chip but they are telling me that I would have to tow the car to the dealership and then the repair clock would start from there.

UHad a friend who came and used a code reader and no codes show up.

Does this sound like an anti-theft issue and can it be reprogrammed or reset at home.

The car drove like a champ with no issues before this.
Any ideas would be more than welcome.
Gary

Old 10-15-2012, 11:37 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Anti-theft issue would be the red dot staying lit up, and you should still have accessory power and it'll even turn over, IIRC. The car just won't start up and run.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:16 PM
Mussy Jo
Default How did you resolve your issue

Originally Posted by GARYSOLDCARS
Went to start my 2003 Dodge Neon (Basic no frills model w/auto trans)and nothing happens. No fuel pump, no turning over nothing, Dash lights come on and yellow light on right is solid.

Checked battery, fuel pump,starter everything is good.

My key is the fat grey key with chip and there is an immobizer which I removed and replaced it looks in good condition with no cracks or breakage.

Called the dealer to see if they could check the key chip but they are telling me that I would have to tow the car to the dealership and then the repair clock would start from there.

UHad a friend who came and used a code reader and no codes show up.

Does this sound like an anti-theft issue and can it be reprogrammed or reset at home.

The car drove like a champ with no issues before this.
Any ideas would be more than welcome.
Gary
I have the same issue with my car . How did you fix your issue with the anti theft lock?

Old 03-26-2019, 01:03 AM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Mussy Jo

I have the same issue with my car . How did you fix your issue with the anti theft lock?
Welcome to the second gen Neon forum.

Thump, wiggle, or swap the ASD power relay in the under hood power distribution box with a like one not needed to start or run the engine & let us know how it goes.

Old 02-08-2021, 02:02 PM
Felicia Flores-Lucero

Originally Posted by paw paw
Welcome to the second gen Neon forum.

Thump, wiggle, or swap the ASD power relay in the under hood power distribution box with a like one not needed to start or run the engine & let us know how it goes.
mine was a sensor on back of engine. Replaced it n theft went off. I didn't even know it was back there

Quick Reply: 2003 Neon Won't Start-Anti Theft?