FlowMaster 60 Series Delta Flow on 2004 SE

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 12:34 AM
illriginalized
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool FlowMaster 60 Series Delta Flow on 2004 SE

Hey guys,

Just a quick question and recommendation. My brother is letting me have his car but the person he bought it from installed some bees in a can muffler for it. I'd like to have the performance but not the noise.

I'm not really planning to go crazy with the car, after all it's an automatic. I'm just using it to drive to work (104 miles a day 80 miles +/- are highway miles) for economic purposes.

With that said, I've been a fan of a few exhaust brands out there such as magnaflow, flowmaster, and borla just to name some. But the one sound I've liked the most is out of the Flowmaster 60 Series Delta Flow for 4 and 6 cylinders vehicles.

Is there any other muffler out there similar to this?

To give you a few examples:
[youtube]CM7Pj__Oikw[/youtube]
[youtube]NzbPN62-aaY[/youtube]
[youtube]RwPFWYnCxhs[/youtube]

Quiet with a hint of a rumble, right? Not trying to catch attention by any means and personally having a loud muffler on an automatic is embarrassing, to me at least.

(This is coming from a 2005 Infiniti M45 and 2003 Infiniti G35 sports coupe owner)

Old 10-19-2012, 02:19 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A Camaro Magnaflow muffler is quite popular on Neons, if that's what you are looking for.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:52 PM
illriginalized
Rookie

Originally Posted by darthroush
A Camaro Magnaflow muffler is quite popular on Neons, if that's what you are looking for.
Yeah but wouldn't it make it louder? And also I'd have to re-pipe, right? If I'm not mistaken the 2nd gen SE comes with 2" piping?

Old 10-21-2012, 03:31 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

2.25" I thought. People buy the V6 Camaro muffler because the tubing matches up. Worst case, you buy a $5 adapter coupler and you're done. But yeah, any muffler that isn't a factory muffler is going to make the car louder. Factory mufflers are about as quiet/restrictive as they come, unless you try harder to make it worse.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:21 AM
illriginalized
Rookie

Originally Posted by darthroush
2.25" I thought. People buy the V6 Camaro muffler because the tubing matches up. Worst case, you buy a $5 adapter coupler and you're done. But yeah, any muffler that isn't a factory muffler is going to make the car louder. Factory mufflers are about as quiet/restrictive as they come, unless you try harder to make it worse.

Really? Is there any data backing that up? I could have sworn I read it was 2.0" exhaust piping for the SE.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:21 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by illriginalized
Really? Is there any data backing that up? I could have sworn I read it was 2.0" exhaust piping for the SE.
Any data? An SRT exhaust bolts right up, and I'm sure those are bigger than 2.0". **Hint: They are 2.25"**
If there's a 2.0" exhaust, it might be on the 2000 ULEV Neon; 'bout it though AFAIK.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:32 PM
illriginalized
Rookie

I see.. Thanks for the information.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:52 PM
buddhaman
Veteran

2000 Neons are like the bastard children of the Neon world. No R/T or ACR in 2000, only 2nd gen (if I'm correct) to use a cable clutch for the manual trans, 2" exhaust piping, and pretty sure it's the only year for 2nd gen's without SKIM.

Quick Reply: FlowMaster 60 Series Delta Flow on 2004 SE