2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

05 neon stalls out every time

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 11:19 PM
ryman117
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 neon stalls out every time

so as the titles states. i have an 05 neon, i had to change the heads, on my 05 because i blew a timing belt on the highway... not fun.... so now that i have it all back together i go to start it up and everytime i start it, it will stall out. if i give it a bit of gas while holding the RPM's up it will stay running. i have checked and double checked all of the wiring for the motor and the spark plugs and before this all happened it started and never had an issue idling. i know the heads were good because they were from my old neon which was a 2000, could that cause a problem... when i had the heads off they looked identical.... please help im so frustrated and would like to get this fixed ASAP. i am going to check the throttle body over as soon as i can but i can't see this being the problem.. :S
any help would bee soooooo appreciated
Thanks in advance!

Old 11-05-2012, 05:30 PM
arnonefrank13
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've never swaped a head before, but check your break booster vaccum line...its on the intake manifold under the PS pump( on that side). sounds like a fuel filter problem.. i donno, just want to help. when ur belt broke was there any dammage?

Quick Reply: 05 neon stalls out every time