2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

HOME MADE CARBON FIBER

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 10:23 PM
SPRAYEDNEON
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOME MADE CARBON FIBER

I BEEN THINKING ABOUT EXPERIMENTING WITH CARBON FIBER CLOTH AND RESIN TO CREATE SOME CARBON FIBER PIECES FOR MY CAR. HOW HARD IS THIS TO DO?? WHERE CAN I FIND THE LESS EXPENSIVE CARBON FIBER CLOTH??

Old 09-13-2005, 11:12 PM
omegadevil85
Default RE: HOME MADE CARBON FIBER

ORIGINAL: SPRAYEDNEON

I BEEN THINKING ABOUT EXPERIMENTING WITH CARBON FIBER CLOTH AND RESIN TO CREATE SOME CARBON FIBER PIECES FOR MY CAR. HOW HARD IS THIS TO DO?? WHERE CAN I FIND THE LESS EXPENSIVE CARBON FIBER CLOTH??
hmmm...u must be talking about the Kevlar Sheets

Old 09-14-2005, 03:23 PM
SPRAYEDNEON

YEAH I WAS'NT TO SURE OF THE NAME BUT I KNOW YOU CAN GET LIKE 2 SQUARE YARDS FOR ABOUT $70. SO WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CARBON FIBER AND KEVLAR?? HOW HARD IS IT TO WORK WITH?? WOULD I BE WASTING MY TIME AND MONEY?? IF YOU DONT THINK I WOULD BE WASTING MY TIME, WHERE IS A GOOD CHEAP SITE I CAN GO TO??

THNX

Old 09-15-2005, 04:36 AM
omegadevil85

Carbon Fiber is a light weight man made material ppl put it on their cars to reduce weight, lightening ur car and giving u an advantage in races, the lighter the quicker u'll take off and so on the stuff that makes Carbon Fiber look likes it threaded material is Kevlar its the stuff that they make Bullet Proof Vests from its the strongest fabric u can buy out there now if u just want ur car to look like its carbon fiber u can buy the kevlar sheets and place reisn over it im not sure how thats gona work but hey miracles happen but if u actually want to reduce the wieght of ur car for racing purposed i suggest u actually buy carbon fiber. there are two types of carbon fiber the carbon fiber without the kevlar and the carbon fiber with the kevlar i myself prefer the kevlar u know some ppl out ther are pretty stupid and will probably claim its not real carbon fiber just cuz it dont look threaded. and no Kevlar does not get cheap...

[IMG]local://upfiles/21212/7EF101D10C974CD985053101750E8457.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: HOME MADE CARBON FIBER