2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

need help with adjustable coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 03:40 PM
SliGuy03NeonSxt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with adjustable coilovers

I think I was shipped coils made for a honda. I bought these adustable coilovers for my 03 neon sxt.. when i got the rear strut off i compressed the stock coil and took it off. then i took the boot off and this little foam plug that slides up and down my strut. then I put the aluminum adjuster on the strut, ( the piece that lets me control the hight of my drop) next was the coil. Both pieces whent on fine, although I found out that the plug that came with the new coils wouldnt fit over the strut due to the size of the hole on that plug. so i left it off. then i put the top of the strut back on and put the struts with the new coils back onto my car, minus the plug..when i got the tire back on I dropped the car from the jack and measured..1/3" was the only difference. and yes the adjuster was set to the max drop.. 1/3"!!! it's supposed to be max 3".. Oh And the coilovers didnt come with and instructions.. but theres only one way to put coils on a car.. So if anyone can help me please reply..
this was a no money back..in store credit only...

[IMG]local://upfiles/20640/5D9FB70BE9AF4DECBA6C5171D85AA2FB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-18-2005, 02:22 AM
AirWolf
Default RE: need help with adjustable coilovers

Its there fault so they should ship you the right ones.I say contact them and get them to ship you what you ordered. Good luck

Old 09-18-2005, 03:55 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker
Default RE: need help with adjustable coilovers

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

Its there fault so they should ship you the right ones.I say contact them and get them to ship you what you ordered. Good luck
i second the motion [sm=angrymail.gif]

Quick Reply: need help with adjustable coilovers