2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Fog Light Fail: Fog lights do not work on 2005

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 10:38 AM
tenchains
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Light Fail: Fog lights do not work on 2005

My fog lights will not turn on. The light on the instrument cluster comes on whrn the switch is pulled out on the lever, but the lights still do not turn on. I checked the fuses. I took it in, and had both bulbs replaced. I am open to fresh ideas on how to pursue eliminating this problem. I am willing to rewire, with a switch, and a relay of my own, but I would much prefer to use the factory switch, and keep it as it is hooke dup now.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:04 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like it might be a faulty multifunction switch (MFS). It is the switch/lever behind the steering wheel that controls your emergency flasher (hazards), headlights, dimmer, turn signals and fog lights, if equipped, as yours is.

You should also check the wiring there to make sure it hasn't begun to melt either.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:43 PM
tenchains
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. It looks like a tricky job changing the mfs out. I found this thread.
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=20318
I guess from the dealer the mfs is $67. Cheaper at a junkyard, but how does one know if it works from junkyard. I don't completely understand how to get the mfs out yet. It definitely looks tricky and challenging. Thanks again. If you think of anything pertinent please add.

Last edited by tenchains; 04-04-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Fog Light Fail: Fog lights do not work on 2005