2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2003 SXT motor mount question

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 11:42 PM
drunk_bunk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 SXT motor mount question

I just got a quote from the repair man to replace all my motor mounts but I was thinking about doing them myself. I have an '03 sxt w/manual transmission. Has anyone tried this and if so what do you think. I don't mind getting under her skirt but I want to find out if its worth pulling her apart on my own. HELP! Thanks for you time and I look forward to seeing you all out there.

P.S. I'm thinking about new headers and exhaust, any ideas on what to go with or stay away from?

Thanks again.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:46 AM
sbhawaiian
Professional
Default motor mounts

This is a popular topic. There are 2 strut mounts and an engine mount on the passenger side. Engine mount is the hardest to do. You have to raise and lower the engine to remove bolts and the belt tensioner tower. I did it and it took all day (by myself). I had to loosen the pwr. steering unit and pull it aside. Radiator top hose has to come off. Than you remove the battery, tray, and air filter box to remove the transmission mount on the drivers side.
I did not get OEM dodge parts and my engine still vibrates after I replaced them. If you look on youtube "dodge timing belt replacement" it will give you a good idea of what you need to do short of pulling the timing belt cover and engine pully off.
Everything is so tight in there and if you are not careful you can break the timing belt cover

Old 05-11-2013, 09:15 AM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

I've never used a chrysler puller but that looks like its copy of the marine pullers.. interesting...

Quick Reply: 2003 SXT motor mount question