2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Where can I buy the HVAC center bezel light bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 07:01 PM
tmbouman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I buy the HVAC center bezel light bulbs?

Hi Everyone,
I cannot for the life of me find the little light bulbs that go into my HVAC control unit behind my center bezel. The ones that light up the HVAC *****. They are very small with a gray backing. You twist them to get them out.

I found some on Rock Auto (PN: 194) and ordered them. They were under the "instrumentation panel light bulb" but they are at least twice the diameter as the ones I need, but look the exact same:
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...nid=468&jpid=0

I also tried the junkyard and got two bulbs there, but they were either duds or broke when I put them. So no more options there.

Can anyone give e a part number or a better idea of where to get these tiny bulbs?

Thanks,
-Troy

P.S. Autozone was also a bust.

Update 1: I found the size of the bulb is 74 from the link below for HVAC, but i can't find a place that sells them with the gray backing. I have a 2005 neon and apparently they soldered them in. I can't get the bulbs out. I have tried but they just break and the bottom stays in the gray socket.
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=21305

Last edited by tmbouman; 08-18-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:36 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

if you are going the soldier route just get some leds from radio shack or any electronics store in your area that sells 12v leds an use instead, keep in mind, 4 leds soldered positive to negative positive, to negative you don't need a resistor. the long end is positive. (similar to wiring up 2 coil subwoofers or dual subs)

Or use 1 super bright white led 3.2 vdc @ 20 milliamps & use a 470 ohm 1/4 watt resistor. I had leds in all my 12v vehicles before the led craze started back in 99 an today they are still going strong. if you are worried about open wires use silicone on each end & silicone to the socket, make a disconnect so incase you ever need to take the cover off again, jumbo leds fit better as the led plastic is 5-7mm... silicone, it will also water proof them too if you accidentally take the neon down a boat ramp

Old 08-19-2015, 01:42 PM
tmbouman

Thanks for the reply. I did end up just ordering some PC74 LEDs with twist connectors from ebay. For anyone who doesn't want LEDs, it looks like you can get the normal bulb from amazon:
Amazon.com: Eiko PC74-BP Miniature Lamp, (Pack of 2): Automotive Amazon.com: Eiko PC74-BP Miniature Lamp, (Pack of 2): Automotive

Quick Reply: Where can I buy the HVAC center bezel light bulbs?