2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Power steering pump pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 12:23 PM
TravisLBlair1982
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power steering pump pulleys

I have bought 3 of the pulleys in the last month for my '03 Neon R/T. All three were the garbage plastic Dorman pulleys and all three have failed. Metal sleeve separates from the plastic. My question is, does anyone know of a company out there that sells aftermarket metal multi groove pulleys for this

Old 09-29-2015, 06:22 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

You have to quit prying on the plastic pulley, they are not very strong I haven';t seen any metal ones, but you might be able to cross-reference that pulley with other makes

Old 10-03-2015, 08:52 AM
ice_angels7

hey. here i have the same problem. this is my 3rd pulley this year. i drive around 70miles everyday (7 days a week). once i change the pulley and the belt then just the pulley, then had the same problem and i replace the power stearing pump and the pulley. AND NOW, THAT PICE OF S#*£ is starting to sound like is about to go bad again. i dont understand why is this happenning. my mechanic said that it could be due to the wrong compression getting from the line. cuz before he thought it was the pump, so i replaced it and now i dont know why is this happening. i need a solution as well

Old 10-03-2015, 09:26 AM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

well then that rules out prying on the ps pulley, I broke mine only because I was lazy an pryed on it with big screw driver to pop them belt off/on adjusting motor mounts constantly. Only other choice would be is to get a dodge pulley

Quick Reply: Power steering pump pulleys