2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Eletrical

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 03:12 PM
2005DFS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eletrical

I Am working on a 2000 neon with an electrical issue. It loses all power to the interior, if I wiggle the wiring harness that goes from the pdc through the fire wall the power comes back. So there must be a bad connection or broken wire or several. The pdc does not look corroded. I don't have any wire diagrams and I can not see where the interior gets it's power from. Any help would be great.

Old 01-16-2016, 12:24 AM
Mohunter
Default Evidently I have the same problem?

I've got an '03 neon xt that just recently took a brain fart on me. I'm driving to work and while doing about 55 mph down my 2 lane blactop road the power went to crap, I mean it went dark on the dash, odometer, radio, everything. When that happened the car immediately shifted into 1st gear because the "brain" didn't know how fast the car was going, right? Well, my transmission probably took a significant hit because of that brain fart, but it's still good. I'm spending the weekend looking for answers to this malady and checking every single connection, ground, battery, and alternator that I can find. My car has almost 200,000 miles on it, so I know for a fact that my transmission cannot take too many hits like that. Good luck with your issue, and if you find out anything Please contact me in some way and let me know what you came up with. Good Luck, MO

Old 01-22-2016, 10:40 AM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

any updates?

Old 01-23-2016, 09:30 AM
2005DFS

never found any broken wires. i cleaned the pdc pulled cleaned dielectric greased all fuses and relays, the body ground that goes from the neg bat terminal to the body was not done well so i ground to bare metal and dielectric greased it, and then i added another ground wire from bat terminal to a different location on the body. So far it has been up and running only one report of it acting up, but it was also -10 that day so i don't know if that was the same issue or the cold weather.

Quick Reply: Eletrical