2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

new to me 2005 SXT neon

Old 04-18-2016, 01:10 PM
rancherman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to me 2005 SXT neon

Wife just dragged home a '05 neon last night. Pretty decent southern car.
After going over the engine compartment, I noticed a couple of vacuum lines off, and that alone helped out with idle quality.
I seen the batt light was on, and that too was traced to an unhooked sensor.
Have to deal with the nasty buzzing inside the car with new motor mounts..
Sticker on the radiator support claims timing belt was done about 20k ago.. so that part should be good.
Besides the noise and drone from the bad motor mounts, the only thing at this time that is kinda 'iffy'.. is how it shifts.
Cruise control set at 60 mph, and going through rolling hills, I'll see it unlock the torque convertor as it should. (going up the hill) then as I crest the hill, it locks back up.. (as it should). When I'm about halfway down the other side of that hill, it'll unlock again, and about the time I hit the bottom of that hill, it'll lock up. From that point, it'll unlock as the load increases from the increasing load from the hill.
These hills are not really enough to vary the speed, but sure enough to require the TC to lock/unlock. It just seems weird that it needs to unlock for going DOWN the hill, especially when the vehicles speed is already where the cruise control is basically set.
I honestly thought that my vacuum lines being unhooked had something to do with this..
any thoughts?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new to me 2005 SXT neon