2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Need advice on ignition problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 10:31 PM
MichaelB87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need advice on ignition problem

Hello,

I have a 2005 dodge neon. I can turn the ignition key all the way except for the last couple degrees (right where the engine would normally turn over). I have changed my key cylinder, battery has been tested and is good. Pretty sure the starter is good as well. I have heard my problem may be in the steering column. Was seeking any advice tracking this problem down as I do not have a lot of money to throw at a car who's time is almost up

Old 08-01-2016, 12:34 AM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome to the Dodge forum.

I see you don't have any replies in a month & likely have found the answer, but in case you haven't I'll see if I can get things started.

Are the wheels straight ahead so the steering wheel isn't close to it's locked position & have you tried adjusting the steering column height, to see if that makes any difference.

Did the problem exist Before you changed the key cylinder? Did the problem come about suddenly after some event?

Old 08-13-2016, 01:05 PM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Bump:
Well Michael, did you find an answer that you'd like to share, or are you still scratching your head on this one, curious minds would like to know!!!

Quick Reply: Need advice on ignition problem