2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2004 Dodge Neon SXT Clutch Pop/Snap

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 06:48 PM
DanStall242
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Dodge Neon SXT Clutch Pop/Snap

Hi I have been trying to search the threads. The other day I pressed down on my clutch pedal as I was about to shift and heard a loud Snap/Pop sound I was able to force it into second gear after I revved the RPMS up a little bit. I got it towed to my house. It will shift into all my gears while the car is off. When I turn the engine on it will not shift into any gear not even reverse. After doing some researching I found out it may be the slave cylinder or master cylinder and they should both be replaced at the same time so I purchased both and some DOT 3 fluid. Anyone know the process I should disconnect and install it at. Also I was looking for the slave and I am not finding it. The only things on the very top of my clutch is the cable where my shifter is connected to and another cable right next to it which im guessing is to my clutch pedal? If so could this clutch just have a cable system?

Old 04-08-2017, 07:29 PM
DanStall242

I was able to find both just the CMC is a pain to get to.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:50 AM
DanStall242

I bleed it and Im still not able to shift. I was able to force it this time tho and the car auto shuts off. I tested it to see if I could get it in reverse with the car on and it was acting like I didn't use the clutch at all. Do I need to bleed it more or is it the clutch fork all messed up?