2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Horn not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 03:12 PM
rmolen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn not working

I just got the engine running after my partial rebuild now I am just repairing loose ends. The problem I am having is the horn is not working. Things that I have tested for:
1. The actual horn it works.
2. Fuse has 12 volts to it.
3. When I bypass the relay the horn goes off.
4. I pulled the airbag horn assembly and it meets continuity when the horn is pressed.
5. When I ground out the the horn/airbag assembly and press the horn the horn sounds,
6. I checked the horn/airbag bracket and I do not have ground.
7. The ignition is grounded but I am not sure if the use the same ground.

I believe the lack of ground is the issue, does anyone know how or where the steering column of at least where the steering wheel mounts to the steering shaft is grounded. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:59 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not sure where, but the horn switch is supposed to be grounded to the steering column per the wiring diagrams. The ground wire is the black wire on the green, 7-pin connector under the steering wheel. Don't know much more then that because it's not shown on the grounds diagrams.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:59 PM
rmolen

Thank you for the response darthmouth. My way to resolve this issue was to lower the tilt lever and repeatedly move the steering wheel up and dow to clean whatever contact was dirty or corroded. So far it seems to be working so I will keep an eye on it.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:09 PM
goingcrckrs

new to this ...when you press my horn button the right turn signal lights up the turn signal light blinks real fast the front light is bright the back is dim I replased the turn signal switch box and it still doesn't work anybody please help thanks goingcrckrs