2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Help with High Idle - Motor swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 12:42 AM
mickth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with High Idle - Motor swap

Hello,
We bought a 2005 SXT for our daughter several months ago. Seemed to test drive fine, but we never did a compression check. Well, a few weeks after we got it, it turned out to have a bad head gasket (So I thought). Tore off the head ready to do a gasket job, turned out to have a broken piston #4. So we bought a decent motor at a wrecking yard, and did a motor swap. That whole process took about 3 months. I have everything back in, and turned it on tonight for the first time. It idles pretty high, around 2500 rpm.
After doing some googling, it looks like I have lost a hose (or it never had the hose in the first place. I'm missing the hose that goes from the PCV valve, to I think the inlet just at the base of the throttle body hose. However, I saw some youtube video tonight that showed a vacuum hose going from the vacuum pump to this same inlet. So I'm confused what the hose is that I'm looking for, and exactly where they all go. Are there any pictures of stock SXT hose placements?

Old 08-11-2017, 11:44 PM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome to the Gen-2 Neon forum. Look atop this Forum index page for a sticky with links to the FSM

Old 08-12-2017, 03:13 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts