Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Neon > 2nd Gen Neon
Reload this Page >

To change or not to change

2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

To change or not to change

Old 11-13-2017, 04:44 PM
sansouci
Default To change or not to change

Just bought an 05 neon. It's in great condition. The previous owner had it for 4 years and I was told did an oil change every 3,000 miles. Although they never did a transmission fluid change, the fluid still has a reddish tint to it and doesn't smell burnt. I did notice that sometimes when it downshifts from 2nd to 1st it shifts down kind of hard. I was thinking of doing a fluid and filter change but hear so many stories about changing transmission fluid if it's never been changed before and having all kinds of problems afterwards. Also, heard that it might be a solenoid pack problem. Before I do anything, I would like to hear some feedback from you guys. Buy the way, the car has 112,000 miles

Old 11-14-2017, 10:37 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Just don't have a shop do a flush (backflush) and it'll be fine. Either do it yourself or have a shop simply do a fluid change.

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: