2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

give me more crap about this...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 06:42 PM
altered
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default give me more crap about this...

thank you everyone who posted on my last post...about the best way to upgrade my car.... the srt-4 look alike. i had another question though. i have a 1200 watt amp in my car just running off the alternator. is there a better way to do it without killing your alternator? or is the alternator going to be able to push that all the time. i was thinking about putting some batteries in the trunk with the amp and the subs, but as you all know, trunk space is limited. let me know what you guys think.

by the way. i'm thinking about upgrading the engine on my car, and getting a supercharger in it. just see what the outcome would be against a turboed srt4. and thanks again for previous posts

Old 11-27-2005, 07:35 PM
james94538
Default RE: give me more crap about this...

i had my 2 12' subs and 1000 watt amp hooked up to my battery with a 1 farad capacitor and it runs fine.... s i don't see why you should have any problems unless you are using a lot of other accesories too.

Old 12-02-2005, 03:32 PM
tooslow
Veteran

I have a 1000wat sound system and I am not running no cap. I also have Under Drive Pulley so my alternater is spinnig slower that a stock neon's. Never had any had any charging broblem.

Danny

Old 12-04-2005, 08:10 PM
casper
Legend

You really should connect the amp to the battery not the alternater. A 1200 watt amp will run fine off the stock battery.

Old 12-04-2005, 08:49 PM
olagunas

you only need an extra battery if you plan to use your sound system with the engine off for long periods of time. If so, a deepcycle marine battery is what I've been told gives you the most bang for your buck.

a capacitator is good for those brief musical passages that require extra power. Bass often causes the lights to briefely dim in many cars, a capacitor helps avoid this and improves the quality of the bass as the amp gets all the power it needs.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:49 PM
got boost?
Professional

I'm running a 1250 WATT amp off my battery for my dual Kicker CVR's and every once and awhile when the Bass is heavy the lights will dim, so a capacitor is def on my wish list this holiday season. I have to agree with casper tho, I'd recommend switching the lead wire connection over to the battery.

Quick Reply: give me more crap about this...