2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

high oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 10:42 AM
Lowrider1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default high oil pressure

I replaced the oil pressure sending unit, but the pressure is again getting too high

Old 11-10-2018, 12:22 PM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome to the 2nd Gen Neon forum.

Connect a mechanical shop oil pressure gauge where the oil pressure sender connects & see what it measures & post the Number measured.

Are you using the specified viscosity & service grade oil & the specified oil filter?
Did the pressure problem come about right after a oil & filter change, or some maintenance or repair event?
Is the problem with cold, or warm oil pressure?

Old 11-11-2018, 10:21 AM
Lowrider1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High oil pressure

Originally Posted by Lowrider1
I replaced the oil pressure sending unit, but the pressure is again getting too high
Thank you for your reply. I used the same type oil and filter as before (10-40w) and filter (Fram). The high pressure occurs in cold weather, so maybe this is the problem. The pressure gauge still falls below the high mark, but it is higher than usual. Should I try using a 10-30w oil next time? I have not used synthetic oil before and I am afraid switching to synthetic now would create gasket issues.

Old 11-11-2018, 10:53 AM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Are we talking about a Neon engine, or your 02 Durango? Anyway, refer to the Owner Manual for the specified service grade & viscosity engine oil for your engine & operating temperature range where you live & how your using the vehicle.
Did the oil pressure gauge anomaly come about After some event, like an oil & filter change, repair, off road event, etc?

Quick Reply: high oil pressure