2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2003 SXT #2 and #3 not firing, comp ok.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 03:34 PM
Ooben
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Latest update.....with out knowing what else to do, I decided to do some more parts swapping between good running Neons and my poopy running Neon. No matter which combo of coils, plugs, or plug wires, the Poopy Neon still ran on only 2 cylinders. I did notice that with one of the coils I got a P0351 code....instead of the P0352 that I have been getting. I thought that was kind of odd, so I pulled the #1 and #4 plug wires....yep, now THOSE two holes weren't firing. I swapped the original coil back in, and sure enough, I got a P0352 code again. I have done this swap 3 times....just to make sure I didn't goof up plugging them in or something.....each time the dead holes switched around.

I need to mention.....every combo that didn't work with the Poopy Neon worked fine on my 98 Neon.....go figure......

Maybe I'll just stack the 2 coils, and only use the side of each one that is working......

I was hoping for a little more help than what I have gotten.....it seems like all the Neon forums have gone quiet.....surely I'm not the only one left trying to keep these little creampuffs running.......?

Quick Reply: 2003 SXT #2 and #3 not firing, comp ok.....