2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Newb here

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 08:04 PM
Jacob Cummings
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb here

So like the title says, I’m a newbie here. Not sure who else to turn to except for the experts here on the forum. Just hoping for some quick insight into my problem here so I’d appreciate any help I can get.
I have a 2003 sxt with over 200k miles on it. I noticed when I had been driving it my oil light would come on at a stop light and then would go back out when I’d pull away. It had been doing that for a couple weeks. I kept an eye on the oil level and it seemed fine.
Then one day I went to fire it up and wouldn’t crank at all. The door will chime. All the lights will work but when I turn the key, nothing happens.
I don’t really have the money to get it towed some where and worked on so if anyone has experienced anything like this, I’d appreciate any input. Thanks. If there’s any more info I could provide to help, let me know.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:30 PM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome to the 2nd gen Neon forum.

139 reads but no replies, so I'll see if I can get things started. Scan for trouble code clues & post All numbers, as they can help focus a trouble shoot.
If you don't have, can't borrow, or come by a code reader, or scan tool to query the system for codes, you can have the ECM put the code numbers up on the dash by switching the ignition from Off to Run (but don't crank the engine), three times, stopping on run the third time, then write the code Numbers down & post them up in this thread.
Some beginning thoughts for consideration, let us know what you find.

Old 06-28-2020, 11:24 AM
paw paw
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Bump:
Well Jacob how is the trouble shoot going???? Any trouble code clues found to post & have the forum ponder????

Quick Reply: Newb here