2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

drop struts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 08:39 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drop struts?

does anyone of you know where i can get some drastic drop stuts and springs for my 2002 neon? i am looking for something that is going to drop the car but also ride smooth, i would like a three inch drop at least, i like the low stance look but do not want to loose a good ride, i put just coil overs on it and they suck, they are a terrible ride so i think i want to go with a drop spring, thanks let me know if you all know of anywhere to find them

Old 01-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Somethingdirty
Professional
Default RE: drop struts?

"drop the car but also ride smooth, i would like a three inch drop at least"

I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. "1.5 is rough enough, I wouldn't go any further than that, but it's up to you.
Not to mention I'm sure a 3 inch drop would nuke your struts.

Old 01-18-2006, 11:11 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

that is why i am looking for a drop strut, they do make them so that the suspension travel is lower than stock ride height, there for you can drop the car and not loose alot of ride quility, Drop Zone makes them but i have only seen them on ebay one time, if anyone knows where i can get a set of these, please let me know......thanks

Old 01-19-2006, 01:45 AM
slow_hemi
Rookie

a stock setup has about 4 inches of travel before you "bottom out". A typical pothole can easily absorb 3 inches of travel on your struts making the hole feel "softer" than it actually was. every inch you lower the car the new springs are stiffer and the struts are tighter. this new 1 inch drop now means you have only 3 inches of travel left before bottom out. funny how that pothole seemed to get worse. when you get into the 3 inch drop you have only 1 inch remaining. might as well remove the coilover setup and replace it with a steel bar that doesnt move at all. I love riding my 95 honda shadow I turned into a hardtail. the rear fender is now 6 inches lower and looks wicked but my *** and back suffer the nice look. You have to decide whats more important. The look, or the ride. You can't have it both ways

Quick Reply: drop struts?