2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Next mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 04:45 AM
lblackneon
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next mod

I have a Crane Cam 12 w/ valve springs on the way and I'm wondering what the next mod should be on my car. The next major mod I'm thinking of doing is an Indy Intake manifold. With my mods, how much extra hp do you all think I'll get from installing an Indy intake manifold? Do any of you have any experience with this manifold? Have any of you heard good or bad things about it?

Old 01-31-2006, 10:34 AM
Somethingdirty
Professional
Default RE: Next mod

I'd like to know this as well. Soon I'll be in the market for an intake manifold, and I'm not sure whether to go for the
Indy, or the Neon Magnum manifold.

Old 01-31-2006, 11:55 AM
04 mo neon
All Star

Both are junk and not worth the money, I am making one in my cadd class and printing it on a 3d printer, then paint and after that it should be ready for installation. I will keep you guys posted.

Old 01-31-2006, 12:58 PM
lblackneon
Champion

The factory intake manifold does have factory drawbacks though. The Indy is very expensive and that's why I'm not too serious about buying it. With the mods I have, unless it gives me around 10 lbs of torque AND OR around 10 ish hp then I'll buy it. With a 60mm throttle body, It would probably be better to get an upgraded intake manifold. Last week I was looking for an RT manifold but I was thinking that they probably wont help much w/ the hp.
Are there any others on the market?
If that doesn't work out I was also looking into switching my Pacesetter header for a coated long tube header. That will probably help.

Old 01-31-2006, 01:23 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I've heard the indy manifold isn't all its cracked up to be. I've heard of it having fitment issues. For that price tag it had better not. If it was me I'd either go with the R/T manifold or a custom one. Probably the custom route....but I'd have to do a bit of searching to find who makes custom ones. I know there was someone but I can't remember who it was.

Old 02-01-2006, 05:15 AM
lblackneon
Champion

I remember when Howell had a special on the Indy intake manifold. I believe it was around $380 or something but they haven't had a special on it in forever. I'd buy it for around that price.
There use to be a sponsor on this forum that made intake manifolds but I can't remember who they are.