2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Cd player installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 09:14 PM
udstuengt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cd player installation

High. I'm not a domestic guy, but my girlfriend has a 2001 neon base model. She just bought a cd player for it and wants me to install it for her. What's the best way to get the dash panels off to do this? It looks like the black trim piece that surrounds the factory cassete player should pull off. Let me know what the best way to do this is. thanks

Old 02-02-2006, 10:32 PM
udstuengt
Default RE: Cd player installation

Okay I figured that out....all my wires are correct, but the radio wont power up. I noticed that there are three chassis ground wires (black) and on the back of the dodge radio there was another black wire that had a connect to ground to the radio. any use of the three or is this just messed up?

Old 02-03-2006, 03:18 PM
phyb aoptikz

you dont need all 3 grounds. you only need one. if the radio isn't powering up after you hooked up the ground, then check the fuse on the back of the radio as well as th fuse box.
make sure you have the correct wiring harness as well.

Old 02-04-2006, 03:43 PM
joe2002dn

on my neon, whien i first wired the headunit i wired the illumnation wire, its an orange wire. when it was hooked up the radio would not work at all then i disconnected it, and the headuint turns on and has all its function so see if you connected the orange wire and try to undo it and see what happens

Old 02-05-2006, 12:02 AM
BDM
Veteran

I just did mine about a week and a half ago. Yeah same here, the guy at the store told me to connect all but the orange wire (controls illumination brightness I believe) and everything works beautiful.

I got Alpine speakers (front & back) and an Alpine head unit.

Quick Reply: Cd player installation