2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

MPx 60 TB (PICTURES INSIDE)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 02:05 AM
BDM
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MPx 60 TB (PICTURES INSIDE)

I installed it today..all I can say is WOW. This thing is a beast. I love it so much. Better response, I can feel the power, my car sounds nicer. Before it only sounded bad *** when it switched to 2ng gear. Now it sounds baddass on every gear. I swear my gears change at higher RPMs now (Keep in mind I have an auto). It pulls out so much longer now. Bottom line is this thing is f*cking awesome. I'll take some nice pictures tomorrow for all you guys. I swear, it looks like I have a weapon under my hood! It was fairly simple to install too. I wouldn't recommend getting this unless you have an intake and exhuast first.

Yeah I was thinking about getting the front DC Sports bar, or a MPx Underdrive pulley next.

[EDIT/]

PICTURES!!!

Old 02-21-2006, 04:59 AM
lblackneon
Champion
Default RE: Need Help: MPx 60mm Throttle Body

I had a mechanic of mine install my MPX throttle body along with all my other stuff. The installation shouldn't be that bad. I say go for it. If u have any questions during the installation just call Modern Performance. If you're not confident, any place should be able to do it; of course they'll charge. I'll be talking to the guy who installed my stuff soon b/c I have to have my cam job done hopefully this weekend so I'll ask if there is anything crazy to it but, I really doubt it. I'll ask about the cable.

Old 02-21-2006, 08:44 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I haven't installed one before, but I don't think its too difficult. Shouldn't be too hard to do. I would say go for it as well.

Old 02-21-2006, 04:10 PM
joe2002dn

if u did the intake urself you shold have no prob installing the throtle body

Old 02-24-2006, 06:41 AM
Majin_Neon_00
Professional

I pretty much have the same question, cause it doesnt look like the brackets that came with my K&N CAI will work with the TB, other then that yeah man test it out and see how the waters are. OH! and if you dont already get some strut bars they are freaking great i got a set of DC sports strut bars CS2's cheap and worth every penny.

2000 Neon LX.
MSD coil
MSD 8.5 mm Wires
Champion double plat. Plugs.
Mobil Full synthetic oil.
K&N oil Filter
K&N Typhoon CAI
DC sports Front and Rear Strut bar.
Prothane Race motor mounts.

Old 02-24-2006, 06:51 AM
BDM
Veteran

I installed it today..all I can say is WOW. This thing is a beast. I love it so much. Better response, I can feel the power, my car sounds nicer. Before it only sounded bad *** when it switched to 2ng gear. Now it sounds baddass on every gear. I swear my gears change at higher RPMs now (Keep in mind I have an auto). It pulls out so much longer now. Bottom line is this thing is f*cking awesome. I'll take some nice pictures tomorrow for all you guys. I swear, it looks like I have a weapon under my hood! It was fairly simple to install too. I wouldn't recommend getting this unless you have an intake and exhuast first.

Majin_Neon_00:
If you have any problems just let me know, I can help you walk through the install if you need any help.

Yeah I was thinking about getting the front DC Sports bar, or a MPx Underdrive pulley next.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:01 AM
BDM
Veteran

Okay guys I have a big problem here.

Where is the accelerator cable holding piece? I installed the throttle body and was getting a top speed of 45! I opened the hood and realized that the accelerator cable was totally loose. There were no more pieces that came with my throttle body, and stock holding piece didn't align up at all. So I figured everything was okay. So I had to secure my cable somehow or another. So my dumbass clamped it to the fuel injector cable (I believe that’s what it is) that runs along side it halfway down the engine. Big mistake. So everything seems fine for a day. So tonight I’m going down the highway and my car starts to shake. My engine light turns on. I'm like oh ****. Luckily I had talked to a friendly mechanic earlier in the day and he told me to be careful clamping it to that. So I immediately knew what the problem was. Thank God I had a screw driver with me. I never carry one, but I just happen to put one in the car two days ago. So I took the clamp off and got back on the highway. No more shaking. Only, I had about 30% acceleration since my accelerator cable wasn't secure. So I just got home. I need to know why I didn't get a cable holding piece. Someone please help me out!!! What do I have to do to get the engine light to turn off now, if everything seems to be okay now? I have two extra screws but no holding piece!!!!!!!

Thank You SO much guys, I really need your help!

Brian

Old 02-25-2006, 04:52 PM
lblackneon
Champion

The only extra piece that was required to install with my MPX throttle body was the adaptor, which u have to pay extra for. Other than that, everything was great.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:23 PM
BDM
Veteran

Alright everything is fixed now. *Whew

My engine light is off. And my throttle body is good to go. I called up MP and they said that the stock holder actually fits it and I need to use it. So I fiddled with it and finaly figured out which way it fits on. lol

Old 02-25-2006, 07:06 PM
BDM
Veteran

PICTURES!!!

Quick Reply: MPx 60 TB (PICTURES INSIDE)