2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 05:58 AM
bebi_wilson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Control

I have a 2001 R/T and i was just wondering how exactly does the Traction Control Work?

Old 02-26-2006, 12:58 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Traction Control

It works by applying brake to the wheel that is losing traction and transfering power go to the wheel that isn't slipping. My wifes 02 has it and it works very well. The only problem I have with it is that it is very noisy when it engages but the owners manual says this is normal. You really should read the owners manual regarding the use of traction control especially if the car becomes stuck for some reason. In this case the traction control must be turned off so the car can be "rocked", otherwise damage to the system may result.

Old 02-26-2006, 05:14 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Oh and FYI for anyone who might read this thread, unless i'm mistaken 03+ Neons dont have traction control...at least the R/T and SRT-4's do not have it.

Old 02-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Caprisunjunkie

I have never heard of a neon with TCS.. the only domestic i know of (that is in the economy car class) that has ever had it was the saturn line from few years back.

Old 02-27-2006, 10:55 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Caprisunjunkie

I have never heard of a neon with TCS.. the only domestic i know of (that is in the economy car class) that has ever had it was the saturn line from few years back.
Yeah they had form of traction control, nothing fancy like stability control or stuff like that. Just a simple system that detects wheel slip and applies brake to that wheel, however, it doesnt transfer power it just brakes which is why it makes that wierd noise that sounds really aweful...

Quick Reply: Traction Control