2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Cold Air Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 03:16 PM
tmp0404
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Air Suggestions

Good day all,

I have an automatice 02 Sxt, and I was looking at the AEM and K&N cold air systems. Would you mind telling me which one you would select and your reasons? I did notice that the some of the places that sell the AEM online indicate it is for a manual transmission only, yet other online places indicate that the same AEM part number will work for either transmission.

Thanks in advance for any of your comments and suggestions. Also, where did you buy your system from?

Old 03-16-2006, 03:21 PM
05srt4clone
Default RE: Cold Air Suggestions

Hey it's pretty much your preference, it doesn't matter if it is for a stick or automatic. Even the Ebay cheap ones do the same thing, if you don't care about the brand.

Old 03-16-2006, 04:37 PM
moobit
Professional

Yep, what 05srt4clone said, i have an ebay intake because i dont really care about brands. But if you go with an Ebay intake make sure you get a good air filter because the ebay intakes tend to come with low quality air filters as i found out with mine. But now i have an ebay intake with a K&N air filter and its working fine. Just something to think about, depending on what state you live in, the brand name intakes like AEM, Injen, and K&N are legal intakes, but the ebay intakes are illegal. I live in california and they have regulations for everything up the ying yang[:@]. Hey, but in the end its all up to you.

Old 03-16-2006, 05:15 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Many of the ebay intakes are nothing more then hot air intakes. Make sure if you get an ebay intake that it has a good air filter and that it gets the air filter out of the engine compartment.

Old 03-17-2006, 05:05 PM
tmp0404

Oh my gosh, I never thought to look on ebay for these things, speaking of ebay, which cold air intake did you buy? Also, many of them state that they will work for a 00 - 05 Neon with manual transmission. My 02 Neon is an automatic, does it matter? Thanks again for any and all of your comments.

Old 03-17-2006, 08:12 PM
moobit
Professional

I got my ebay intake fast, thats because i chose it dending where the person who is selling it located and it got it for around 30 bucks, but then i spent 40 more on the K&N filter, which will last me a long time. I dont think the type of transmission matters and aslong as they dont say its for an RT or srt model then you should be fine. Make sure it mentiones the right year and engine size, o and make sure it says its a cold air intake. This is an example of how mine was stated: Cold Air Intake 00-05 Neon SOHC w/o ABS Exc. RT 01 03 . Good Luck.

Old 03-17-2006, 09:47 PM
insanetuner18
Rookie

I have an ebay intake that is made by bomz racing which is actuallya really good company for intakes. They are more for racing but they pass inspection just fine. If you get the ebay intake like mine it is an in fender design which takes it completely out of the engine compartment and places it behind the fog light. I have a 2004 sxt so it may vary I am no sure. Most of the time they say manual w/abs or manual without. The automatic does not matter if it has abs or not.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Suggestions