2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 03:53 PM
NeonxRapter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo?

I want to turbo my 02 sxt can this be done and how much is it?... im still learning the ropes but getting into it fast. please help me.. thank you

Old 03-25-2006, 04:04 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Default RE: Turbo?

well if you buy a kit from chill factor or hahn you will spend about 3500-4000 plus intalation on it, or you can do like what i am doing and buy eveything that you will need seperatly, it is accually alot cheeper, i bought a used turbo and intercooler piping and a apex for 500 and that is the start, need the boost gauge and some other odds and ends, but i am doing all of it myself so it is what you want to do? i am only going to run about 5-6 lbs of boost with my stock bottom end if you do not have a built bottom end you really can not run more that that, 8 lbs of boost max, so i am getting my kit made then putting it on getting all the bugs out of it then build my bottom end up so it will run about 10-15 lbs, if u have any other Qs just ask

Old 03-25-2006, 04:43 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Well first of all, there have been many many many threads on here related to turbo so you might want to try the "Search" button...but anyways, you can do a custom SRT setup for roughly $1500-$2000 and on an SXT run about 5-6psi to be safe (10psi max on bottom end but i do not recommend this at all unless you want a blown engine in a week...so stay in the 5-6 range to be safe).

I'm not sure what kind of WHP your expecting to push out but you will blow your motor at 250wtq and about 260whp...anyway, whether you have an ATX or MTX will depend on how hard the installation is. On 00-02 ATX Neons the SRT intercooler will not fit properly and the stock piping will not work an you will have to run custom piping. If you use an SRT turbo you will need a DOHC to SOHC manifold adaptor plate, or you can get a custom fabricated SOHC manifold to fit the SRT turbo.

You will also need a new high flow oil pump, new fuel injectors, a high flow fuel pump, a boost guge, a standalone or piggyback fuel management system, and of course a professinally done tune when your finished...then you need a BOV, intercooler, new clutch, down pipe, exhaust, waste gate, and a Wideband A/F gauge...

If i think of anything else i'll let ya know...

Old 03-25-2006, 09:23 PM
tooslow
Veteran

ok here is a list of parts you have too have too go turbo
turbo (duh)
turbo manifold
down pipe
waste gate
blow of valve
intercooler and piping ( it is not a necety but it is stupid not too get)
for feul there are couple of options but I am doing return line so I gonna list the parts for that
return line
feul pressure regulater
rising rate feul presure regulater
bigger injecters
feul pump
that is all the bare bones parts there is a lot of little stuff you also need like oil lines, gauges ect.

Quick Reply: Turbo?