2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

headers/exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 06:01 AM
herexwexgox
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers/exhaust

im deciding on buying the OBX race headers they sell on modernperformance.com. i was wondering if this is a good buy. and also if they are stainless steel, or aluminized. i figure they're most likely not ceramic since they're only in the $200 range, but it doesnt say on the website. also, what is a good site to find full exhaust systems and not just the outlet?or what would be a good header/exhaust combo if i get the OBX header. i have a 2000 es. thanks for any help

Old 05-09-2006, 01:33 AM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Default RE: headers/exhaust

its stainless steel

Old 05-09-2006, 03:03 AM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker

I SHOULD RECIVE AND INSTALL MY TUSUDO HEADERS AND DOWN PIPE TOMARROW, WILL TELL HOW I LIKE THEM AND HOW THEY PREFORM!!! (I BELIVE THEY ARE THE SAME AS THE OBX JUST A DIFFRENT NAME!!!!!

Old 05-11-2006, 03:37 AM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker

all right i got the headers put on!!! the car is pretty mech the same off the line but in the highr gears adn rpms it makes a huge diffrence!!!!
they were a bitch to install but no fab work!!! I decided to take it in tomarrow to get a new exhaust bent and better muffler!!! (its gunna be nice!!!)

the only problem i ran into is not the cel is on saying upstream cat falure... cause thier is not cat, but i think i will have the exhaust guy weld in a high flow!!!

And thats all!! i highly recomend headers to anyone looking for a upgrade!!!

Old 05-12-2006, 01:34 AM
leadspud
Professional

With the 2000, if your light comes on. You can go to Howellautomotive and get a o2 sensor simulator to replace the down stream o2 sensor so your light does not come on like it did on mine.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:17 PM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker

I WENT TO THE EXHAUST SHOP AND AND GOT A SRT 4 CAT BACK SYSTEM PUT ON MINUS THE CAT (HE HAD IT LAYING AROUND), WE JUST WELDED IN A TUBE MUFFLER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CAR AND IT SOUNDS GREAT!!
AND GET THIS ALL HE CHARGED ME INCLUDING LABOR WAS 125!!!! OH I AM VERY HAPPY WILL PUT A PIC ON TONIGHT!!
THE SHOP GUY ALSO TOLD ME THAT JEGS MAKES A O2 SIMULATOR. I WILL DEFFINITY HAVE TO GET THAT. THANKS FOR THE IMPUT.

Quick Reply: headers/exhaust