A little more power

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 08:01 PM
kevo1123
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little more power

Hello everyone,

I have read a few posts on adding power to a neon, but i have noticed that there isnt too much mentioning of a transmission type. I have an automatic transmission, and i was wondering if a Cold Air Intake would work with an AT. what about a header? if so, where do you guys think i could find one for a lower price. I want to add more power to the engine, and not so much style to the body. I am not planning on keeping my car for more than three more years, but until i get rid of it, i want it a little more powerful. And if anyone knows where to find a set of rims for a decent price as well, please let me know. Thank you for everything.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:22 AM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Default RE: A little more power

check the sticky that says how to make my 2nd gen faster

Old 06-07-2006, 12:42 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: A little more power

ORIGINAL: kevo1123

Hello everyone,

I have read a few posts on adding power to a neon, but i have noticed that there isnt too much mentioning of a transmission type. I have an automatic transmission, and i was wondering if a Cold Air Intake would work with an AT. what about a header? if so, where do you guys think i could find one for a lower price. I want to add more power to the engine, and not so much style to the body. I am not planning on keeping my car for more than three more years, but until i get rid of it, i want it a little more powerful. And if anyone knows where to find a set of rims for a decent price as well, please let me know. Thank you for everything.
Ok, just for kicks (and since i have nothing better to do at the moment), i'll list everything i can to make your neon faster...along with places to buy. First off, get a cold air intake from either K&N or AEM, the cheap ebay intakeswork fine but come with crappy filters. For the header, go with a OBX or Borla for the best quality. You can add an exhaust, either a stock R/T style, Magnaflow, Thermal R&D Rear section, Vibrant, or the Borla catback. Next you can go for a UDP, STS, SRT turbo setup, crane 12 cam, or for us R/T guys the comp 400 (like the crane 14 but stock pwerband for NGC'ers). Anyway, i would also suggest buying an INDY or Magnum Intake Manifold, along with a Magnum head and a 60mm throttle body.

Than of course you need suspension work. In which case go with the mopar staged coilovers if have $1,200 laying around...if not, go for Tokico HP Blue struts (with Koni Inserts), Eibach Pro Line lowering springs, Hotchkis 29mm/24mm sway bars, front and rear tower strut bars, and nice 17x7 performance tires.

Now for rims, go to edgeracing.com, for performance parts, look at ebay, modernperformance.com, and howellautomotive.com. Thats all i can think of at the moment, but i'm sure i missed something...

Quick Reply: A little more power