2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

camshaft

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 08:35 PM
kevo1123
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camshaft

i was wondering if i would get a significant power gain or acceleration gain from installing a performance camshaft. Is installing one something that can be done in a weekend in my garage or would i need a pro. shop to do that? What would i estimate the cost of installing the shaft to be, and would the gain be worth the price? I have been looking at some, but i was wondering if anyone got a deal on a certain website. thank you, kevo

Old 07-11-2006, 10:11 PM
nater1128
Default RE: camshaft

It should help out alot i dont know if it is a do it yourself job i am going to do it myself when i get the time

Old 07-12-2006, 01:26 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: camshaft

Its a "do it yourself" if you know how to get into your engine, and have experience doing so. If you've never done anything like it before, you should try and find someone who has to help you...its possible to DIY the first time, but to be on the safe side, either find someone who has a little experience, or buy some car manuals and read up so you dont screw anything up!

And yes, it will certainly be worth it, the cam is just one piece of the engine, by itself it will give you some nice gains, but especially in use with all the other mods you can do, then you'll see its full potential.

Quick Reply: camshaft