2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

catback exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 08:56 AM
01 r/t
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default catback exhaust

im looking at an exhaust system, tell me if this is worth buying.

http://www.streetstyler.com/OBXCatba...ustSystems.htm

Old 07-13-2006, 01:51 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: catback exhaust

Well OBX makes great products, better than Pacesetter, but not as good as Borla...i never thought the "can" exhausts looked good on Neons (i think the duals look awesome, and the best for the type of car the neon is), but hey, if its what you like, the OBX is certainly a good poduct to go with. If your looking at that type of can exhaust system, you might want to look at the Apexi N1...I've seen a few Neon owners put them on their cars.

Old 07-16-2006, 02:04 AM
mperry
Default RE: catback exhaust

The price is certainly a good one, if it's as shiny as the pix show. Unfortunately, they don't show a pix of the Neon system, nor do they mention the diameter of the pipe.

If the cat is a high flow unit, you should see about 2 to 4 HP increase, I'd guess. (The Neon exhaust is only restrictive behind the rear axle, where it makes the double bend.) You should hear a significant increase in exhaust noise, the street racer sort, that many folks seem to appreciate. It'll also be much more attractive than the stock muffler... though you may need to extend the tip slightly rearward to clear your bumper.

I'd wonder about hangers. It looks as if the nearest hanger position will be where the stock pipe crosses to the left. A muffler shop should be able to fix you up, but use care in your choice of shops. Some will leave the muffler weight on that single point... dangling as it were... and others will weld to the body, giving the rumble into the car.

Quick Reply: catback exhaust