2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

How hard is it to smoke tailights?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 09:18 PM
unleashedcc
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How hard is it to smoke tailights?

well i got aftermarket taillights (the ones with 3 holes, reverse, brake and one for looks) and i want something different so i want to smoke them. i got the spray paint from moderperformance. how do i go about doin it? step by step, dont want to mess up. anyone?

Old 07-27-2006, 10:18 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How hard is it to smoke tailights?

ORIGINAL: unleashedcc

well i got aftermarket taillights (the ones with 3 holes, reverse, brake and one for looks) and i want something different so i want to smoke them. i got the spray paint from moderperformance. how do i go about doin it? step by step, dont want to mess up. anyone?
Theres two ways to tint them...the easiest is to simply remove the tailights, tape off the edges, spray a few thin coats evenly till you get the desired darkness, then apply a clearcoat to give it that shiny look (you may need to wet sand them if you spray unevenly). For best results though, you'll want to remove the tailights, use a heat gun and pull apart the plastic cover from the taillight housing. You'll then spray paint the Nighshade inside the cover, therfore retianing the smooth, shiny aspect that the plastic cover already has, but having it darker. With this way you also dont have to sand, and you dont have to clearcoat...the thing that makes it hard is seperating the cover, and putting it back on.

Quick Reply: How hard is it to smoke tailights?