2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Srt-design Q's

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 08:39 PM
ratam82
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Srt-design Q's

I have a 2005 Neon SXT with the "srt-design" and i was wanting to get an aftermarket exhaust system, but they all look exactly like the dual-tipped exhaust I have stock. Anyone know if the Srt-design exhaust is the same an the aftermarket ones out there for sale (Borls, Magnaflow, Pacesetter, etc)?????

Old 08-09-2006, 02:00 AM
CA180
Rookie
Default RE: Srt-design Q's

ummm, well.... no the srt design exhaust is not the same. I believe it is the neon r/t exhaust, which is pretty good but not very loud. the srt-4 exhaust is actually just open pipes with a resonator on the straight pipe just about under the e-brake. After market exhausts can be good because of larger diameter pipes. I believe if you want to get "more power" you might try finding the original srt-4 exhaust. It will bolt up to your sxt. I would just get the pipes that are under the rear bumper, they will bolt up to the stock location and the same hangers. It will be quite a bit louder, and free flowing.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:06 PM
2point0togo

If you go SRT-4... as i did... be prepared to shell some coin. And DON'T cheap out and just buy the rear section. It sounds too raspy and tinny. The whole system will give you a massive resonator(for the performance mopar system by Borla) or two slightly smaller resonators with the stock srt system. The Bolra system is a little wider in diameter and has a nice tone when you use the whole thing but sounds like dog turds with just the rear.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:34 AM
CA180
Rookie

agreed, my exhaust is a flowtech glasspack welded on the straight pipe, and side exit exhaust behind the drivers rear wheel. Dont sound too bad. i ran it with no muffler, and yeah, kinda noisy

Quick Reply: Srt-design Q's