2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Painting the Dash

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006 | 10:33 PM
SupermanNeon
|
Professional
Default Painting the Dash

Hi, im new to the forums..I Want to paint a few peices around the dash, The bezel around the radio,..over the steering section near the gauges..Maybe the air conditioning vents of just the bars you open and close them with. What do i need to do all this? is there a section in the forum that i might have missed that would give me info or info leading to another site? any help deserves a thanks!..O i also want to replace the material on the door with another ..? any ideas? how? Thank you!

Old 08-13-2006 | 11:06 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: Painting the Dash

You would paint the dash pieces like any other plastic item, take it off, put a few coats of primer on it, give it a few coats of the spray paint color of your choice, and then follow with many coats of clearcoat fo a wonderful shiny finish...

Old 08-15-2006 | 01:05 AM
SupermanNeon
|
Professional
Default RE: Painting the Dash

Thanks any ideas how i can change the material on the door? Was thinking of a leather blue? but im not sure how to remove it..and if i just tear off the material thats already there..will i damage anything and if not can i just use some spray adhesive and attach new material?

Quick Reply: Painting the Dash