2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

New Suspension help

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Suspension help

I am in the market for some performance suspension however, i dont want a very severe drop.

The roads where i live are pretty much **** poor at the least and are best compared to trying to drive down a canyon. They are poorly maintained, if not maintained at all.

So, my question, what will get me what i need, but not lower me too much. i already have to choose my route around town so as to not hit my front end or exhuast.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:37 PM
timplett
Veteran
Default RE: New Suspension help

Most of the gains in performance are normally related to the amount of drop, because it lowers your centre of gravity making the car much more stable. However, if you have not done so yet, strut bars and anti-sway bars front and rear should show some good handling gains without affecting your ride height at all.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

I have front and rear strut bars. I am looking at some good front and rear sway bars aside from shocks and struts.

If anything i would like new springs... but it is just these dumb poor conditioned roads that prevent me from going ahead and buyting them.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:57 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

KSport Coilovers, Hotchkis Sway Bars, and UHP tires.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:56 AM
timplett
Veteran

Yeah coilovers are a good idea because you can keep them cranked up to keep clearance over the roads in your area but if you ever head out to a track or move somewhere with better roads you can lower it down for the performance benefits. If I get springs it will probably have to be coilovers because with the snow we get sometimes in the winter there's no way I could get around in a slammed car.

Quick Reply: New Suspension help