2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

EBAY CAI need help ASAP After install

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 10:11 PM
SupermanNeon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBAY CAI need help ASAP After install

Ok so i bought a cheapy kit off ebay..Came with everything but the instructions I have all the pipes running from the Throttle body...It also has 2 brackets?...and 1 black rubber thing about 8 inch long..Now when i hit the throttle the pipe starts to come off...I can alwayz buy another clamp but what are the to brackets for? i couldnt find any instructions online for the kit off the manufacs site and i think the black tube thing has to be cut so i can run it around the hose for the sensor to hook up?...i think so i did that anywayz..and its not thick enough to hold it..I really need help cuz i doubt this guy is gonna send me any info...is it ok for me to buy another clamp to hold the hose to the throttle? and is there something else i can rap the hole with so the sensor fits snug? thanks and please ASAP !!!

Old 09-30-2006, 11:13 PM
timplett
Veteran
Default RE: EBAY CAI need help ASAP After install

I'm guessing the brackets are for the throttle body, it's hard to know without seeing it. CAI usually have bracekts for the TB to hold it in place. Without these brackets there will be a lot of movement, which could explain why the pipe is coming off. Normally there should be a hole with a rubber grommet that the sensor goes into. Then there should be a tube that runs to the engine somewhere I believe. Here's the installation sheet for a K&N intake. Hopefully it should be somewhat similar. http://www.kandn.com/instructions/69-2520.pdf

Old 10-01-2006, 12:52 AM
Pablodragon
All Star

I'm assuming bth u guys are talking about the full length CAI that goes into the fender....

but thanx for that instruction link, cuz I'm concerned about my short ram, So far it has worked perfectly and I luv the sound, but it didn't come with those cool brackets for the throttle body, and I'm thinkin I should be concerned long term.... the throttle body just kind of hangs there. Will be looking for some brackets or making my own, to secure that....

Old 10-01-2006, 11:00 AM
SupermanNeon
Professional

Click me Thats the 1 i bought...Everything shown in the picture is what i got..let me see if i can get a pic in here of what it looks like now.. No hoses came with it but if you notice i attached another clamp to the hose around the throttle and it seems it still wants to come off alittle..I guess i just need to figure out what the brackets are for or rehook up my original intake and spend the money on a K&N.

Old 10-01-2006, 11:54 AM
SupermanNeon
Professional

Ok i bent 1 of the brackets enough to where i was able to attach it to the screw that came off the top of the radiator bracket...It holds pretty tight when i hit the throttle..Alittle movement but not much at all..Now I need a grommet that will fit in the hole so i can put the sensor in so it can stay tight..can i buy that at an auto store or homedepot??

Old 10-01-2006, 06:12 PM
nicks2kes
Veteran

just by a kandn intake that way u dont have to bother with junk

Old 10-01-2006, 06:53 PM
timplett
Veteran

Yes, the K & N would be ideal, but for those of us who don't have the money/are a little Scottish , sometimes we prefer the extra hassle rather than the extra money.

Quick Reply: EBAY CAI need help ASAP After install