2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

srt manifold

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 02:30 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default srt manifold

i am looking to buy a srt manifold that i can use for my setup, unfortunaly i would have to build one and do not want to have to worry about the manifold cracking, so any info on this would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

oh yeah 02 neon, and yes i will have to get the adapter for the manifold

Old 10-03-2006, 02:50 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: srt manifold

If your looking for the manifold just go over to SRT Forums or Ebay, I see them for sale all the time...you should be able to get the manifold, turbo, wga, 02 housing, and a few othe things for $200 an maybe less (depending on shipping).

As far as the adaptor plate goes, they cost $216 shipped (with all four gaskets) from "Mattdog" and allow you to use the DOHC manifold on the SOHC head. To quote Mattdog...
They are made out of 2 pieces of 1018 steel totaling about an inch thick. The way this adapter works is the inner plate bolts onto the head and then the outer plate bolts to the inner plate and then the SRT turbo manifold bolts onto the outer plate. The adapter is fastened together with 26 grade 8 socket head cap screws (6mm allen head) which are included and 2 dowel pins for centering the adapters on top of one another. The sohc/magnum ports in the adapter are slightly over sized to make it easier for people to center them on the head. It should also help with exhaust gas flow since the gas isn't coming out of the port and running into a wall before entering the adapter. We also slightly undersized the SRT turbo manifold ports to help with the flow there too. The actual SRT port in the adapter still has a larger area than even the magnum port so I don't think under sizing that will be an issue.
To answer your other question, at one time i had two manifolds and two adaptor plates (one two piece design and a better single piece) but i sold them off a while ago because i needed the extra cash for other parts of my build. You shouldnt have any trouble finding the manifold, and the adaptor is brand new.

Quick Reply: srt manifold