2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

'nuther side mirrors question, replace?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 03:25 AM
Pablodragon
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'nuther side mirrors question, replace?

Have seen the replacement side mirrors for my 04 Neon on e-bay...the carbon fiber colored ones? come with and without the lights for blinkers on them.... or I thought of just removing and painting my black plastic (SE version) ones, the red body color.

friend told me the carbon fiber is cool if there is something else carbon fiber on the car to match.....

Anyone have the carbon fiber colored ones? pics? car domain link?

and how hard is it to wire up the blinker lights, if I got them with? don't u have to run wires thru the door/hinge harness somehow?

Old 10-13-2006, 03:50 AM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Default RE: 'nuther side mirrors question, replace?

i dunno the carbon fiber might be a tad bit ricy but each to his own. ive seen those on ebay too and i was going to buy black ones, but the picture looks as though they just might not fit right. also, the wiring wont be easy, but not too hard either. its just running a long wire

Old 10-13-2006, 06:36 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

I think you meant
ORIGINAL: spikeymikey87

...to each his own.*
And to answer your question, i am in agreement that it might look a tad redonculous. I wouldnt choose CF side mirrors for the same reason i dont buy CF shift *****... no purpose. If you want my opinion (if you want colored mirrors), clean them, primer them, and paint them. I know several places where you can pick up factory paint for cheap online. It is probably cheaper too.

The only thing i would see to replace the mirrors is MAYBE the m3 or what evers. The ones that have the LED Blinkers on the side.

"to each his own"

Old 10-13-2006, 02:23 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

you can say it either way

Old 10-13-2006, 04:24 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

I think you meant

ORIGINAL: Freerider

a tad rediculous. *

Hey if he cant say "each to his own" then you cant use a slang word! Haha j/k.

The blinkers are gay and the only Neon i saw that the M3 CF mirrors ever looked good on was a black SRT-4 with CF everything...but hey, to each his own...

Old 10-13-2006, 04:40 PM
blocks885
Veteran

I actually ordered these over the summer off of eBay--if it wasn't that I had a bad LED in it, I would've kept them on--but I actually did install the one side before having to take it off realizing that one side lit perfectly but the other side didn't. I'm pretty much a newbie at a lot of the engine stuff but the wiring isn't that bad. Just pop off the door panel and you can "clinch" the wires around the "hot" wire and a ground which is already there if you have power mirrors. I had ordered the CF mirrors and even though I didn't have CF anywhere else on the car, I really didn't think it looked that bad. But I do have black stripes so thats' where I felt as though it kinda matched. I got mine on eBay for $30 shipped. It was awesome! But I had to send them back and just haven't gotten around to ordering them again because I forgot the seller, so I was looking to contact him and just have a new pair sent.

Oh and another reason I sent them back--the seller forgot to put in the mounting instructions and the custom mount for the Neon. But I was looking on eBay just now and they come with the brackets/instructions/pair of mirrors!

I'd say go for it! I am doing it soon too!

Old 10-18-2006, 12:16 AM
Pablodragon
All Star

Thanx for the inputs, all.... I think I am going with apinting the stock ones body color (red) when I get a chance...

..I am looking at maybe some fancy taillights, but will save up money over the winter, using the stock wheels and tires that are supposed to be better in snow anyway, and maybe get some 16 or 17 inch rims and tires next year!

Quick Reply: 'nuther side mirrors question, replace?