2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

hellp

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 09:11 PM
qnr69
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hellp

hey i just got my auto 02 neon done and i have one of those crappy short ram intake on it and my dad has another neon which is stock and an auto and he smoked me and its got twice the mileage but my car has been sitting for 2 years but to me i think the intake is suckin to much air and when i give it gas its like its bogging and when i drove the other neon it felt very torquey so any suggestions on the wat to do i was thinkin fuel injectors but i have already orderd a new cold air intake we will see how that works please help thanx

Old 11-01-2006, 09:40 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Default RE: hellp

check to c if your filter is clean and check your motor mounts for that torque

Old 11-01-2006, 09:46 PM
qnr69
Veteran

ya the filter is clean but i think it actualli is a motor mount

Old 11-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

Have you replaced all the simple spark plugs, fuel injecters, wires, and/or oil? Check the engine mounts, they might be shot but I dont think that is the issue. if you are having a problem accelerating it is probable one of the few things I stated.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:54 PM
04 mo neon
All Star

Yea first go through the basics, then by some engine cleaner for the inside of the engine to clean out all the carbon build up. If none of that works just take it to the dodge dealer and have them do some simple check like compression etc... They should know exactly whats going on simple by plugging their cpu into your car.

Old 11-02-2006, 02:51 AM
qnr69
Veteran

ya its got new oil and new spark plugs but it probably does need a new motor mount but i also think the intake censor is sending a bad message to the computer but to me it seems like it is taking in to much air because thre is alot of noise commin from the cai a loud bogging sound

Old 11-02-2006, 04:40 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

there is no reason for it to take in too much air with just an intake. Unless you took off the throttle body it cant let in too much air (ESPECIALLY WITH THE STOCK ONE! ITS TINY!!!!!!!!).

check everything, it cant be the new intake. Check all the vacuum lines. I dunno with ram air intakes, but as with the original my CAI has a line that goes back as a vacuum line to make sure air is flowing. But, make sure EVERYTHING is tight and in place before you assume anything.

Sorry, but it can not be the intake unless you did something horrible installing it (but I have more faith in you then that).

Quick Reply: hellp