2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Nice Rims

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 02:47 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nice Rims

ok lets not completely tear him apart. hes trying. personnaly i like that style. 15 inch is ok but like stuff03 said you might want to go bigger for the look. for performancehowever, smaller is faster, so it depends on what you are looking for. if you wasn performance and look get rims like mine and spend 3 times as much to have lightweight large rims lol

Old 11-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

performance wheels over lookers is something only you can decide on.

Performance wheels are light and small. You dont want a lot of weight and wheels can weigh A LOT! It also depends on what kind of rubber you put on those bad boys. The lighter and smaller the wheel, the better off you are. I think the biggest you should go if your wanting new wheels for performance is 16"

For looks, I'd say 17's would fill up the wheel well pretty decently. I am not too big into the looks but I cant deny a good set of rims when I see them. However those are not them[:'(] ... but it is not my car!

You pivk what YOU like, not what I like. Good luck finding a set of rims!

Old 11-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Coach

ORIGINAL: stuff03

If your going to buy aftermarket rims, it is absolutly stupid to buy new rims, THAT ARE THE SAME SIZE AS STOCK! 1st off it looks stupid, and second, compare the price of a set of 15" rims to a set of 17" rims, not much of a difference, only advantage to buying same a stock is, you dont have to buy new tires, i would save my money, and buy some nice 17" rims and tireS, it will look much nicer than some aftermarket stock size rims.
I got the 14" steel rims right now. You know those piece of crap rims with hubcaps. So, any 15" rim really is an upgrade for me.

ORIGINAL: spikeymikey87

ok lets not completely tear him apart. hes trying. personnaly i like that style. 15 inch is ok but like stuff03 said you might want to go bigger for the look. for performancehowever, smaller is faster, so it depends on what you are looking for. if you wasn performance and look get rims like mine and spend 3 times as much to have lightweight large rims lol
I like looks, but the reason I want to go with 15" is still have a tire that's not super thin. We've had those super thin tires before on an altima, had big problems with blowouts. And besides, I do want a little performance.

I like the five spoke rims. The MBmotoring rim was just one that I found. I still got an aweful lot of money to spend and a lot of time to look.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:34 PM
stuff03
Professional

Ok, i thought you were buying 15' cus you have 15" and didnt want to buy new tires. if you are going from 14" to 15" you are gonna have to buy new tires anyway so you might as well spend the little bit of extra money and go up to 16" or even 17" and like everyone else said, if you are looking for performance, just look for a lighter wheel, but the wheel isnt always the problem, i have had wheel and tire packages where the tire weighs alot more than the wheel! So if you buy a lightweight performance 15" wheel, the only way to keep the package lightwieght is by buying a really low profile tire, and then you have a huge gap in your wheel well. I didnt mean to rip you apart by the way. But judging by the style of rim you had selected originally, you arnt after perfromance, so if i were you, i would still go with a nice 5 or 6 spoke 16-17" wheel and tire package.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:37 PM
stuff03
Professional

You can get a real nice set of rims and tires 16 or 17" with tires mounted and balanced shipped to your door. You would expect to pay anywhere form 600$ to 800$ for something like this, just look around on the internet for packages, i have 17" rims with a 215 45 17 tire, plenty of sidewall and i dont have to worry about blowouts.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:35 PM
qnr69
Veteran

hey go to this place u can get 17ns for about 6 to 800 dollars with tires wheels mounting balancing hardware and shipping

Old 11-03-2006, 11:29 PM
moobit
Professional

i would go with 16's, check out my pics, i have 16's on my car. Halfway between looks and performance.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:32 PM
lblackneon
Champion

I'd go for the stock rims with hub caps over those.

Old 11-05-2006, 07:51 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

Go 17's with like Enkei or Konig because I have 18's on my Neon but the good thing going aftermarket is getting wider tires

Old 11-05-2006, 08:02 PM
slyrby
Rookie

naw huh. they got to go! they look like the rims from Pep Boys...trust me, if someone said they looked nice wanted you to get them... they must really have to hate you lol

Quick Reply: Nice Rims