2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

No Bus communication to gauges

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 06:45 PM
cptmorgemaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Bus communication to gauges

Sorry, I thought I was in the 2ed gen fourm when I originaly posted this but I think I will get more help in here maybe.Hi, This is my first post here. I do not know much about neons for I own a VW jetta and talk on vwvortex but my best friend has a 2002 neon and knows nothing about cars and he is having some problems with his neon so I'm trying to help him out so I have looked around and it seems like this is a good developed fourm to where I could get some good valuable information from so any input or help would be great. But anyhow he had come over to my house one night shut the car off did nothing different then normal getting out or doing anyhting but when he was going to leave he got in started it up and his oil,check engine,airbag,brake and whatver warning lights there are had all turned on and then as he drove homee none of the gauages worked. The following day where the odometer should be displayed it was saying "No Communication Bus" We had taken it to a shop and they had no idea we checked to see if the ecu came unplugged but it is fine but we never did check the gauges but he said they where pluged in. So any ideas on what to do or what that means I just think there in a loose plug but where. We are trying to stay away from the stealership but if nothing works he's gonna trade in on a SRT-4 that he has needed forever but like I said before any help would be great guys.

Thanks Ryan

Old 11-12-2006, 12:56 AM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No Bus communication to gauges

that is a good question. umm i would say unplug the gauges and plug them in again. maybe that will do it. it shouldnt be any specific thing such as the fuel tank cuz then only that gauge would be out but thats very interesting. ive never heard of that happening. a nice st4 would b cool though

Quick Reply: No Bus communication to gauges