2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Bosh Icon Wipers (awsome)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 04:22 PM
R/Tconvert
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bosh Icon Wipers (awsome)

If you haven't seen or used these, they are incredible. I had my car in for window tint about a month ago and he recommended these to me and then put them on at his cost (he's a good friend). I think they run around $17 ea. at autozone but would be worth every penny. The boddy that applies the pressure to the window is a single piece of spring steel rather than the common multiple outrigger design. They also have a subtle air diverter (no ricy foil) that adds applied pressure to the glass. The one piece design prevents the ice and snow from getting in and screwing with the flexibility yet they don't look like winter wipers. What I'm saying is if you are picky person than you won't be sorry. There are fewer things more important than visibility. I'm getting them for others for xmas! (not for all you guys though)

Old 11-16-2006, 08:06 PM
04 mo neon
All Star
Default RE: Bosh Icon Wipers (awsome)

Very interesting, I'm deffinatly going to have to get some. Good Post!!!

[sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 11-16-2006, 10:00 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Very nice write-up...I have the Bosch Micro-Edge Excell which are the cheaper $13 per wiper version and they perform very well compared to the cheaper brands...but next time i'll be going for the Icons.

Old 11-17-2006, 01:16 AM
ewetho
All Star

I used to be a BOSCH guy but the standard blades and the up model micro edge excel went to crap. They just do not seem to last like they used too. The new blades are excellent though. Ford is using them(at least that basic design) on the Five Hundred. They seem to last a long time. Ford generally uses TRICO but there is a lot of BOSCH stuff on that Volvo knockoff.

The standard Motocraft blades are also most excellent. Last for a long time on lost of cars. They have a stupid wear indicator (basically reacts to light to give an age but they have the wear indicator blazing change me but they perform like new. I know they will think your weird but I have to say I would recommend them as a cheaper alternative (but they would be more susceptible to snow and ice do to their conventional design). About 10 bucks a blade.

Might have to try the new Bosch blades next time but they have been about 25-28 dollars a blade around here when I have seen them. OUCH!!!

Quick Reply: Bosh Icon Wipers (awsome)