2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

? on 6 disc in dash changer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Pablodragon
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? on 6 disc in dash changer?

Is this a dealer option? Didn't know they made these...
check e-bay auction # 190056351413 (just put this number in the search box)

I'm sure it will go for far more than it is at the moment, but I thought, at first, this was just the same single disc player with the changer controls...but looking at the close-up, this is actually the player changer all in one, no?

looks plug and play for a Neon..at least 2nd gen...

Old 11-27-2006, 11:29 PM
04 mo neon
All Star
Default RE: ? on 6 disc in dash changer?

Yep, its a dealer option for the srt-4. And sad, but there is a difference in the stock head unit from a srt-4 and a se, sxt, r/t. This is because of the bass and other kicker speakers in the extra option. So if you want to switch them out you have to get the head unit to use the sub. It does sound good but its really not worth it, just go after market.

As for the 6 CD changer which i think you were more worried about it is the same for all models and its just a plug and play thing so if you get it for cheap its a nice addition. Although I dont know how it connects to aftermarket head units.

Old 11-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Pablodragon
All Star

ahhh... I see....

I have looked for that add-on changer, and it does drop right in below the head unit, but I think it is a 4 disc for the Neon (?)

they do pop up on e-bay once in a while, but the problem is, they usually don't come with the connecting cord/wiring
so unless u are replacing one, it's pretty hard to find that wire if it dont come with it.

If it comes with it, it's basically plug and play.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:23 PM
hlfbck20
Professional

i have a spare with all the wires... there is a wire harnes that goes from the changer to the headunit... but it is only good for the neon headunit.. no other dodge ones will work... but let me know if you are interested...

Quick Reply: ? on 6 disc in dash changer?