2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Fog Lights Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 02:00 AM
jBoRiCuA
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Lights Question

How do you remove the fog lights on a 02 neon es? I lifted up the car and checked under it for about 25 secs and left it because I got mad..lol. You guys know the best/easiest way to remove these so I can replace bulbs?

Old 11-28-2006, 11:34 AM
stuff03
Professional
Default RE: Fog Lights Question

You should be able to reach through the front bumper to the right or the left of the fog light, you can reach over to the bulb and wiring harness. I think it turns counter clock wise to get it out, just try and turn it both ways while lightly pulling out on the harness. Once you get it out, carefully pull it out of the bumper so you dont break the bulb, there should be enough room for it to reach outside the bumper so you can change the bulb, the only other way that would be easier that i know of is to remove the bumper. Good luck, and be sure to not touch the new bulb.

Old 11-29-2006, 02:24 AM
jBoRiCuA
Professional

Replaced it.. took a little effort.

Old 11-30-2006, 03:38 AM
Dare_2_Dodge

Removing the bumper is easy... Should you ever want to install some aftermarket fogs, there are six screws: two on each fender and two just inside near to the fogs where the bumper mounts to the frame of the vehicle.

Im about to install some aftermarket fogs after some semi trailer truck threw a rock and smashed the fog on the right side... that made me mad. $85 each for a new set of stock fogs... I went with aftermarkets $15 a piece.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:11 PM
bman0279

I changed my bulbs... i took out the headlights and just reaced down... turn the bulbs like a side marker light and they come out.. Mine were in there really tight, i had to use pliers to turn them.

Old 12-03-2006, 08:43 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Hmmm I'll have to check my fog light bulbs...this morning i had my fog lights on, i turned off the car, came back and started it up about two hours later, and both fogs were out...at the same time after just working?

Anyone think i could have a little electrical problem here or is it just coincidence that they both went out at the same time after just working a few hours earlier?

Old 12-04-2006, 12:09 AM
Kaishepard0723

I agree it was a pain in the *** I had to take out the lense and then reach my hand down to the fog light. Now a couple of weeks later i was driving to work and one of the guys I work with told me that my fog light was out and it was the same one that I replaced a couple of weeks later, talk about mad! I still have not yet done it because its a pain in the ***. anyone else have this problem? I think it might be a electrical problem because all of a sudden its off that wouldn't be right but as you know you have to love murphys law[:@]

Quick Reply: Fog Lights Question