2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Sound Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 01:47 AM
moobit
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound Upgrade

Irecently purchased new speakers and a new head unit, which i should be delivered within the next few weeks. All but the tweeters are pioneers,including the head unit,the 3.5"speaker i purchased is made by audiobahn. Well, the reason icreated this post is to see if there is anyway, or if it has even been done, that the carpet in the back can be cut out to the layout of the 6 x 9's. I dont really know what it is made out of, besides the ,obvous carpet material, which is why i ask. I want to do this and put some type of grill over those holes, which will obviously measure 6x9"so more sound can flow through the back. I know sound goes through already and minimal sound is stopped by the carpet, but i want more sound comming out of the back so it can sound clearer all throughout the car. I want to do the same with the door speakers, which i know is some type of plastic materialor something. I just want ideas or anything on what i could use to cut out the shape, im not good with coming up with thesethings or ideas, which is why i want to plan ahead and not be stuck the day i decid to put the new speakers in, thanks.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:35 AM
01neon01
Veteran
Default RE: Sound Upgrade

you might wanna check out how some of the people on cardomain.com or whatever its called have theirs. im pretty sure i recall seeing something similar to what your describing on some of the neons

Old 12-29-2006, 04:03 AM
moobit
Professional

Thanks, i will try to go through all five thousand and who knows what neon's in there, lol. Well i will scrape through this pile to see if i could find something, but if anybody has any other ideas, it will be helpful, thanks.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:21 AM
moobit
Professional

i guess im saying something like this
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...077_6_full.jpg
I would also like to do the same for the doors.

Old 12-29-2006, 08:22 PM
fullbuilt
All Star

i hate to say it but thats alittle trashy and redneck

Old 12-29-2006, 10:42 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

yeah, just do it under the cover, it will look alot cleaner, i put mine under some sterio speaker carpet to start, ( because i didit really fast before a car show)then i changed it and went with like an elastic material, worked good and did not look like stock, i woud go with something like that, another idea is too take the 6x9s and raise them and mount them to the top of the deck, and take some wood, and make a surounding area to give it alittle lift, then carpet arount in, would look alot better than who ever did the speakers in the pic

Old 12-29-2006, 11:31 PM
moobit
Professional

I ordered the speakers yesterday and for some reason i got them today! So i said screw it and put them in today. I did a little thinking and i saw that i couldnt really do it cause my car has the child seat belt hooks in the back, so i couldnt really cut out the layout of the 6x9's. Then when i took off the door panel, i noticed some MA Audio speakers where already installed, i was surprised the previous owner installed afternmarket speakers, aside from that one the rest where stock. All i need now are the Audiobahn 3.5" speakers that are on there way, which i ordered from another place. thanks

Quick Reply: Sound Upgrade