2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Please Please help me

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 03:01 AM
itsdarkout
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Please help me

Hey Guys,

I really honestly don't know much about cars. But lately my 2003 Dodge Neon SXT has been acting up a little bit. When I start the car and put the car into reverse it seems like it wants to "stall out". And tonight was the first night that it actually did stall when I put the car into reverse. However when I do start the car it sometimes seems like it has trouble "turning over". After the car runs for a few mins it, for the most part runs fine. Although at first I thought I was just crazy, but my headlights will dim and or flicker from time to time.

The only code I can get to come up is P0551 which is the power steering switch. Other then that, no codes come up.

I was hoping maybe some of you experts would know what could possibly be wrong with the car before I have to go spend money I don't have to get it repaired.

Thanks a bunch,
Todd

Old 12-30-2006, 11:49 PM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Please Please help me

The code is for your "power stering pressure switch" It tells the throttle to open up a little bit when their is strain on the motor from the power steering. I had the EXACT same prob. fixed the switch and it was all fine. It is not to hard to do eather. I think autozone charged me $27 for the switch. Good luck!!