2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

magnaflow exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 02:26 AM
ronnie22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magnaflow exhaust

i was thinking about putting a magnaflow exhaust system on my 2004 sx rt, but it dosn't fit with sway bars, so i was going to put the srt-4 exhaust system , what do you think?

Old 01-05-2007, 04:39 AM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker
Default RE: magnaflow exhaust

just my 2 Cents but i have gone through three exhaust systems and i finally came to the conclusion....... (i dont know how to spell.... to many beers) that the best way is to have a full system built custom. I had headers, wint to a shop had a full 2.75' system with a magnaflow cat and muffler built for $400.

And in all reality unless you have more than 350-400 hp you dont need more than 2.25' piping, or you have too little back pressure. Besides themuffler and cat(witch is not that bad), dodge did something right......

In the end just find a good shop around you... get a LONG TUBE HEADER (mine suxs a** and does nothing) and have them build a header back magnaflow system. should cost you between 400-700 bucks and it is the best investment for a neon you can get. Dont go buy one of thies pre-made system (sorry.. i dont like them) and get a real system built. With my 2.75' system i get some backfires but have never had a problem and it sounds great. Everyone that rides in my car says "it sounds AMAZING..... now if it only had some *****!!!"

Hope this helps!! and have fun modding!!!!

Old 01-05-2007, 09:10 PM
evilmonkey
Default RE: magnaflow exhaust

If you don't have the equipment to do it yourself, the best way to go is definately to go to a shop and have them custom build one for you. The cat-back exhaust for srt-4's fits pretty wellwith the sway bars but still needs to be modified a bit to fit properly. Basically, unless you are gonna modify it yourself, for the cash you are going to spend on it, get a custom build.

Quick Reply: magnaflow exhaust