2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Interesting problem: Solved

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Tenth_element
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting problem: Solved

well, It all started when I was pulling out of my driveway. I put it in reverse and it was fine, put it into drive and the rear passenger side bake locks up. I assumed it was just sticking or something, so i eventually get it lose and spinning again.So i take of down the road to the gas station, I go to pull in and i hear a loud pop so i pull in and it smells like burnt rubber, so I take it to my mechanic who lives just down the road from me and he said the drum grabbed a hold of of the brake shoe and ripped it off...

Well this solved my problem of sqeeky brakes, but the question is why in the hell didn't he see that there was something wrong with it before???

Old 01-11-2007, 12:21 AM
ewetho
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Interesting problem: Solved

Some of that stuff there is not a lot to see. Sorry.

Also depends on how often he gets to service it for you. Does he do the oil changes and rotations. Offer to clean and adjust the rear??? Might have run into that issue before. Did you take it to him when the problem started??? If it is binding up when he had it he should have figured it out but if it happened only occasionally and you just asked for an oil change then unless there was a problem he noticed and he had time your pretty much out of luck.

Quick Reply: Interesting problem: Solved