2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

The MSD

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 03:08 PM
CleanNeon
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The MSD

I know I have been posting alot of threads recently but I'm getting a large tax return. Half of the money is going into a money market fund and the other half into the neon. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about my car to make the right purchases as to not waste my money.
Now to the question at hand. My car keeps throwing the code 0302. Which I know is misfire detected in cylinder #2. I've changed the plugs and wires and I'm still gettingthe CEL. Now I heard that the MSD coil is a waste because the factory coil puts out the same amount of volts. Is this true?Since I'm sure my coil is shot anyways will I be better off to purchase the OEM part or the MSD? If I do go with theMSD I'm gonna get new plugs andwires again.Whatare your thoughts on the MSD coil and wires? If I upgrade to the Msd what kind of plugs should I use?
Thanks again everybody.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:38 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: The MSD

The MSD has the same exact output as the OEM coil, which is more than enough. So if you want to dress up the engine a bit buy the MSD, otherwise just get an OEM coil, the cost would probably be pretty close either way though. As for wires, the MSD are great, I have them installed and they smooth out idle a bit and look nice.

Old 01-18-2007, 07:23 PM
jBoRiCuA
Professional

MSD 8.5mm wires, NGK Iridium plugs, MSD 6A, MSD Blaster Coil 3, MSD Adjustable Timing Control.

^^ Setup I have, car starts ALOT better/faster/cleaner, idles alot better also. Can you say "SPARK"?

Old 01-18-2007, 07:48 PM
CleanNeon
Rookie

Jesus man I'm talking about a daily driver. The only time this car will see the track is when I drive it there to watch the drags.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:11 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

HAHAHA!!!

Well, simply put the output is that same on the MSD, and if your looking for the "daily driver" type the MSD is what you want. It will turn over a little nicer and idle great!!

You don't and will not neet anything better than that for a WHILE....