2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Startn trouble

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:25 AM
Kapitald
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Startn trouble

My car actually gave me a problem today...it wouldn't start right up as usual..I had to turn the ignition over 3 times and the 3rd time I gave it gas...It started and ran fine....it starts in the morning fine (real cold) and the only thing I could think of was the fact that it actually got hot outside by noon when I went to start it again....but it does HAVE NEW PLUGS AND OIL CHANGE...maintenence is kept up on this car...thats why I thought I would ask yall and see what you thought...the heat maybe??? motor wasnt warmed up but it was hot outside for the first time in forever??

also 03NEONRT....ive tried uploading a pic for my display picture with no luck...it said it worked but its not there whats up??

Old 02-26-2007, 10:31 AM
mike9fore
Veteran
Default RE: Startn trouble

If it is Struggling to turn over and you need to give it gas...one of many things could be wrong....

When you first started it did you hear the fuel pump kick in?

if you did then it wasnt getting any fuel hence the need to give it gas so, you may need to clean your injectors.....

Try Those!

Old 02-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

technically... giving it gas doesn't do anything

just thought I should bring that up[8D]

Old 02-26-2007, 08:51 PM
darlin

I dont know much but couldn't it simply be that the starter is getting worn and it may be time for a new one soon?..Hey I am a girl but that is my best guess...

Old 02-26-2007, 09:41 PM
ewetho
All Star

if the IAC WAS sticking shut, then it could easily explain why you had to give it gas to start it.

Keep an eye on it and see if it tends to be cranking slower than usual, or what not. Might give a clue as to what direction you need to go. Now if you happened to go from snow and cold weather to a sudden 70 degree day then it could just be winterized gas acting up. Nothing wrong with the car just wrong seasons gas.

Quick Reply: Startn trouble